ANNA QUAN respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers, our Website visitors and other individuals who interact with us. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information. “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
2. Collection of personal information
- ANNA QUAN will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you provide to us through our Website (https://www.annaquan.com.au), provide to us directly, or give to us in other forms.
- You may provide basic information such as your name, date of birth, phone number, place of employment, address and email address to enable ANNA QUAN to send information, provide updates and process your order or supply you with goods and/or services.
- ANNA QUAN may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, attend an ANNA QUAN branded retail space, apply for a job, supply services to us, respond to surveys and/or promotions, or communicate with our customer support. This information may include contact details, information to confirm your identity and information which you volunteer about your personal or business affairs.
- ANNA QUAN may collect sensitive information where: (i) this is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities; and (ii) you provide your consent or where such collection is required or permitted by law. Sensitive information we collect may include, but is not limited to, health information (such as your vaccination status for COVID-19 if you attend an ANNA QUAN retail space).
- ANNA QUAN collects personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically, on the phone, in writing or in person; when you access our Website and when we provide our goods and/or services to you.
Use of your personal informationANNA QUAN may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, goods and/or services;
- to make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you;
- to improve our goods and services or to better understand your needs;
- to communicate with you (e.g. to respond to a query you submit using the ‘Contact us’ form on our Website);
- for employment related purposes (e.g. to verify information in your job application);
- for verification purposes (e.g. if you are an employee, contractor, supplier or other individual attending our premises);
- for our internal business purposes, including administration purposes; and
- as required or permitted by law.
- ANNA QUAN may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to messaging through social media platforms, telephone, email, sms or mail.
- Your participation in the email and sms programs is completely voluntary. We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
4. Disclosure of your personal information
ANNA QUAN may disclose your personal information to:
- any of its employees, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers and subcontractors where reasonably necessary for any of the purposes set out in Section 4 of this Policy;
- comply with a legal requirement, including court order, subpoena, warrant and valid law enforcement agencies’ requests; and
- protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of ANNA QUAN, its customers or third parties.
- take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient complies with the APPs, GDPR, CCPA or is bound by a similar privacy scheme; or
- only share the information in an aggregated, de-identified form.
5. Security of your personal information
- ANNA QUAN is committed to ensuring that the information collected from you is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, ANNA QUAN has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. ANNA QUAN will destroy or de-identify your personal information once it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, unless authorised or required by law to retain the information.
- ANNA QUAN will take reasonable steps to correct any incorrect personal information about you. However, ANNA QUAN reserves the right to refuse to provide you with information that is held about you in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to provide details of your complaints to the Privacy Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. ANNA QUAN will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- If you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The contact details are available from the website at www.oaic.gov.au.
- Third party sites and features. ANNA QUAN does include links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. The website may incorporate features that are subject to third party terms (such as the reCAPTCHA verification service of Google). Please be aware that ANNA QUAN is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites or third party features.
Last Updated: 30-June-2023